Imagine a store of Ice cream bars only. Pop Bar in West Village New York City does just that.
popGelato comes in twelve basic flavors including Chocolate, Vanilla, Coffee, Banana, Coconut and Hazelnut to Mint, Pistachio and Gianduia, supplemented by rotating seasonal flavors.
Made with real fruit, popSorbetto flavors include Lemon, Blood Orange, Mango, Mixed Berries, Peach, Pineapple and Strawberry, with more rotating seasonally, and are also offered in two-flavor combinations such as refreshing Lemon-Strawberry.
YogurtPops are offered in three flavors, Original, Mango and Strawberry.
And you can customized them to your liking with added “poppings” such as almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, coconut, granola or biscotti crumbles , and dippings or drizzles of premium dark, milk or white chocolate and caramel chocolate. Combinations are endless!
If you can't head out to PopBar just yet and are looking to recreate these at home. PopBar shared with us a delicous treat that's perfect for a shavous dessert or summer day.
Peach Yogurt Pops Dipped in Dark Chocolate:
5 ounces of peaches :– washed and cut in quarters
¼ cup plain yogurt
½ cup of milk
4-6 pop molds
1 small container/block of dark dipping chocolate
Wooden pop sticks
1. Cut and wash the peaches.
2. Put in blender with milk and blend for at least 30 seconds.
3. Add the yogurt and blend again, until its smoothened out (usually 30 seconds to 1 minute).
4. Place into pop tray, add sticks and freeze in freezer for about 2 hours or until hard
5. Melt the dipping chocolate and dip the pops for 5 seconds maximum (the quicker the better) and enjoy!
You can replace the peaches with other fruits and you can use milk or white chocolate instead of dark chocolate! Have fun and experiment.
Please Note: PopBar is certified kosher Cholov Stam by Rabbi Aaron D. Mehlman