Until your next visit, here are a couple of recipes to get you hungry. Don't forget to say hi to them and tell them you read about them on cookkosher.com
5 wings, cut in half
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground chili powder (in Israel it's called chili shata)
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
Sesame seeds, to garnish
1. Toss the wings in the flour, shaking off excess flour.
2. Heat oil in a deep skillet or pot.
3. In the meanwhile mix the sauce ingredients together.
4. When the oil is hot, fry the wings for 5 minutes until golden and puff slightly.
5. In a separate pot, place the sauce and gently heat it up.
6. Quick saute the wings with the sauce.
7. Toss with sesame seeds and serve.
1 eggplant (small size or in Israel they are called Baladi Style)
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup tahini
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup cold water
To grill the eggplant, brush with the lemon juice and oil and grill on an outdoor grill or on a mesh on the stovetop. (if you'll be doing it on your stovetop, its better if you cover it with aluminum foil, for easier cleanup.) You can also cut the eggplant in two before grilling it. Grill untill charred and soft.
Shred the radishes.
When the eggplant is grilled, peel off the outside layer and strain a bit.
For the techina: Blend all the ingredients, adding the water gradually until you get the consistency you prefer .
Place the strained eggplant on a plate. Drizzle on some techina. Garnish with the oregeno leaves and shredded radishes.
1 kg (2 pounds) veal shoulder (have the butcher slice it)
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 onions, peeled
2 carrots, peeled
2 parsley roots
1 head of garlic
1 liter chicken soup stock
1/2 kilo mixed dried fruit (figs, aprictos and plums)
330 ml white wine
100 ml pomegrante syrup
1. Season the veal with salt and pepper. Pan fry the veal on all sides in a bit of oil, until it's browned. Set aside.
2. Peel and cut the vegetables into cubes.
3. Saute the onion and garlic in oil.
4. Add the vegetables and the wine. Bring to a boil.
5. Add the chicken stock and pomegranate syrup.
6. Add the meat, cover and cook for 1 hour.
To rate and review recipes click here.