I love working with Presidor cannolis! They’re simple, yet elegant and their delicious taste appeals to all ages. You and your children will have fun while using them to create this edible menorah. You can create this menorah by putting the candles on a tray, directly on the table or for a more sophisticated look, you can have a glass cut to size and use it as a base.
• 10 Presidor cannolis
• Small cupcake holders
• Baking chocolate
• 1- 8oz whip, 2 Tbs instant vanilla pudding
• Leaf chocolate mold to be used as flame
• Orange royal icing (you can purchase Wilton ready made icing )
• Sanding sugar
• 2X15” piece of glass (about five dollars)
• Glue dots
• Small square glass vase
Assembling the Base:
1. Turn square vase upside down
2. Place a glue dot in each corner
3. Lay cut glass on top
4. Place 9 cupcake holders on glass (see picture above)
Assembling the Candles:
1. Melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave
2. To create the shamash, dip the rim of one cannoli in melted chocolate and attach it to the bottom of another cannoli, thereby creating a larger candle
3. Dip one side of each cannoli (shamash included) in melted chocolate
4. Make the flames using the chocolate mold. When the chocolate is hard and ready to use you may decorate the flames using orange royal icing (see picture below) and sanding sugar. Allow to dry over night.
5. Beat whip till firm – add vanilla pudding. Fill a pastry bag (or freezer Ziploc) with star tip and pipe whip into candles.
6. Place flames on top of the candles. Place cannolis into cupcake holders on base
It is a wise idea to assemble your Menorah where you will be displaying it so that it it does not have to be transported.