My name is Amy and I blog over at What Jew Wanna Eat. I am thrilled to be a guest blogger on Cook Kosher! Although I do not keep kosher myself, I love Jewish food and feature my Bubbe’s best recipes on my site. Please stop by and check out other creations including pumpkin hummus, home-made bagels and a to-die-for matzah ball soup that event my gentile friends request by name! But keep in mind that not all recipes on my site are kosher. With that said, what could be more fun than cupcakes? I can’t think of a thing! Here is a healthy kosher creation even kids will enjoy: potato zucchini kugel cupcakes. To make my cupcakes healthier, I used half potatoes and half zucchini. That way, I can eat two without guilt! Topped with a little Greek yogurt "frosting" and scallion "sprinkles", this makes a great dairy side dish, or it is parve on its own. Enjoy!
2 medium potatoes
2 medium zucchini
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
3 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
pinch of sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grate potatoes, zucchini, garlic and onions by hand (or me lazy and use a food processor like me).
3. Squeeze out any liquid with cheesecloth.
4. In a bowl, mix together oil, eggs, flour, salt, pepper and sugar.
5. Add potato mixture to the egg mixture and combine.
6. Scoop into greased muffin tims and cook 40 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Top with sour cream or Greek yogurt and scallions and enjoy!
Rate & review this recipe!